The Donor Engagement Manager will report to the Director of Donor Services, and will provide support for HelpMeSee’s fundraising programs focusing on cultivation, retention, and re-engagement of donors. This position will oversee the daily execution and processes for these donor services and play a pivotal external communications role with our donor community. This position is expected to cultivate and retain donors for the purpose of increasing long -term value and lifetime donor support.
- Create and maintain efficient and effective operations to ensure that donors and prospective donors receive the best customer service experience with the goal of building long-term engagement with HelpMeSee.
- Act as HelpMeSee’s donor services subject matter expert by keeping abreast of nonprofit donor relations best practices. Recommend and build new donor engagement processes as necessary.
- Answer and address all donor services-related phone calls; responding to inquiries about HelpMeSee and processing requests to be removed from the mailing list, etc., with an eye towards re-engaging donor.
- Answer and address all donor mail and email correspondence and inquiries, with an eye towards driving donor retention and engagement.
Information Management and Gift Processing
- Maintain up-to-date records and produce timely reports as needed
- Update all non-donor & donor correspondence in database
- Input and update data into donor CRM
- Help identify and upgrade prospective major donors
- Oversee employee matching gift and workplace giving programs
- Prepare weekly reports on $300+ gifts, major gifts and matching gifts for development team
- Processing donations as needed; interact with the Finance team around donation processing and reporting
Acknowledgement and Correspondence
- Manage the execution of timely acknowledgements for HelpMeSee donors with a focus on recognition programs including tribute giving, monthly giving, leadership giving and matching giving
- Contact and reach out to donors, non-donors and potential donors as needed
- Draft and execute custom acknowledgement and thank you correspondence
- Assist with developing regular donor communication materials, including print newsletters and emails
- Execute weekly note cards for special donor segments, including honor/memorial donations
- Draft letters and update Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations as needed
Start date: Immediate
Education requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Employment type: Full-time
Location: NY Office
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Job function: Fundraising
Reporting to: Director of Donor Services
Application deadline: Open until filled
- Understanding of and commitment to HelpMeSee’s mission
- At least five years’ non-profit experience in donor engagement, etc.
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong computer skills and ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and salary expectations via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
, and please include “Application: Donor Engagement Manager” in the email subject line.
* Candidates should be legally authorized to work in the U.S.