UN Delegate Program
HelpMeSee is accredited by the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and has gained special consultative status. This provides us with access to not only ECOSOC, but also to its many subsidiary bodies, various human rights mechanisms of the UN and special events organized by the General Assembly. Along with other NGOs we are able to contribute to a number of activities such as information dissemination, awareness raising, developmental education, policy advocacy, joint operational projects, participation in intergovernmental processes and contribution of services and technical expertise.
HelpMeSee is creating a UN Delegate Program within which university students both in New York and Geneva can participate. Students passionate about international affairs, humanitarian work or NGO development will have the opportunity to represent HelpMeSee in front of different United Nations bodies from the Economic and Social Council in New York to the World Health Organization in Geneva, thus having the possibility to use their knowledge and skills on a global platform.
- Responsible for upholding the HelpMeSee name and mission in front of the United Nations body.
- To speak on behalf of HelpMeSee on various issues ranging from healthcare financing to blindness.
- To be well-read and knowledgeable on the general background, mission, vision, current projects and future projects of HelpMeSee.
- To comfortably deliver prepared or spontaneous speeches on behalf of HelpMeSee at United Nations meetings.
- To take thorough notes during every meeting at the United Nations.
- To provide detailed reports through the various communication channels provided.
- To follow-up on pending action items.
- Need to be available to travel
- Shows interest and involvement in international affairs and NGO development
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent document drafting/writing, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent English verbal, written skills
- Punctuality and timeliness in meeting deadlines and fulfilling delegated responsibilities
- Fluency / proficiency in other languages is strongly preferred
- Must dedicate at least 6 months to position*
- Must be available to attend specified United Nations meetings
- Must be comfortable with public speaking
- Past experience in Model United Nations is a bonus
Education requirements: Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree in progress
Employment type: Part-Time
Compensation: Paid by hourly rate – Please provide minimum hourly rate expectations
Job function: Global Nonprofit Organization / Global Health / Programs and Campaigns
*Start date: Immediate
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject heading as follows: “HelpMeSee Representative to the UN”.