This position is focuses on the HelpMeSee Eye Surgical Simulator installation and maintenance and is being recruited for these vital operations activities are successful as determined by the established level of quality and according to the simulator placement schedule at HelpMeSee Inc. In addition, this position supports technical requirements for simulator demonstrations.
The Simulator Maintenance Technician will be responsible for implementation of standard procedures for day to day upkeep, preventive maintenance, operational maintenance, Level 3 technical support that includes complex troubleshooting using technical manuals and replacement of modular components for fixing issues, performance of periodic software updates in coordination with new simulator hardware and software releases and inventory management.
The Simulator Maintenance Technician will directly work with the assigned simulator owner. The position will be based out of New York City and will provide required support and oversight to all global sites where simulators have been installed.
- HelpMeSee Inc Simulators
Simulator Placement Locations
- Ensure acceptable uptime for simulator and simulator network in the HelpMeSee Headquarters with the intent of supporting the establishment of a benchmark for all locations with simulators on site.
- Follow the standard operational and maintenance system procedures for simulator, simulator network and associated systems
- Extend support for simulators and systems at the sites assigned:
- Technical support:
- Report and resolve Level 3 operational issues that can be fixed with troubleshooting
- Maintain inventory of spares
- Enter and update maintenance records
- Provide end user support – general simulator and associated systems operational support
- Interface with various vendors/suppliers as necessary
- Interface with other interdependent functions within HelpMeSee as necessary
Support for simulator demonstrations
- Support the setup of new simulators
- Support the hiring/training of other simulator technicians
- Share knowledge and possibly train newly hired simulator technicians
- Provide support in terms of packaging, shipment, installation and associated technical support for simulators during promotional events, exhibitions and conferences.
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Technical skills and background required to operate, maintain and diagnose simulator and related technical issues.
- Skilled at utilizing test and support equipment associated with the maintenance, troubleshooting and testing of the simulator systems.
- Ability to interpret schematics, wiring diagrams and technical documentation; and ability to evaluate, isolate and repair malfunctions.
- Setup and configure computer networks, firewalls, storage and associated network equipment.
- Operate PC and/or compatible computer with printer, various standard office equipment.
- Use at a proficient level: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Database: MS Access, preferred.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Proficient in English language
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Physically fit to lift weight, move, bend and good visual and auditory senses as required for the job.
- Must be familiar with the ISO 9001 or other such quality systems.
- Must exhibit high performance and capability to work in a global team environment.
- Typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience in electronics, engineering, flight simulation, or other such simulation systems. Directly related experience in virtual reality medical simulation desirable.
- Initial requirements for the maintenance technician role:
- Moderate software skills, like installing software, operating a Linux system, networking, etc.
- Basic mechanic skills, like using tools as Allen keys, screwdrivers, caliper, etc.
- Basic electronic skills, like using a multimeter, replacing connectors, etc.
- Able to read and follow documented maintenance procedures
- Proficient at structured problem-solving techniques
- Preferably able to review, mark-up and improve existing (draft) maintenance procedures
- The maintenance engineer needs to be qualified to do the simulator maintenance by following maintenance technician training.
Start date: Immediate*
Education requirements: Technical school graduate in electronics or engineering required.
Employment type: Full-Time Extensive travel, both domestic and international may be required for 20-30% of time
Location: New York City office
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, complete this downloadable application form and send to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject heading as follows: “HelpMeSee Eye Surgical Simulator Maintenance Technician”. Please include minimum salary expectations.
Resumes will not be accepted without a filled-in application form.
* - Candidate should be legally authorized to work in the U.S.