I. THE HELPMESEE MISSION
HelpMeSee was founded in 2010 with the goal of eliminating the backlog of blindness caused by cataracts for every blind child and adult in the world, regardless of where they live or how underserved they may be. Our goal is to deliver very low-cost, high-quality Manual Small Incision Cataract Surgery (MSICS) to millions of adults and children in the developing world who have cataracts – giving them back not only their sight but also their independence.
HelpMeSee is pursuing our ambitious goal of eliminating cataract blindness worldwide by training tens of thousands of MSICS specialists in developing countries through the use of a high-fidelity simulator and sophisticated courseware, as well as collaborating with existing MSICS specialists who already perform this procedure in their communities. With our technology-based patient facing programs and local surgical partners, HelpMeSee is committed to saving the sight of million
II. JOB SUMMARY
This Direct Marketing Manager (DMM), based in the NY Office, is a revenue-focused, donor-centric fundraising professional with a track record of identifying opportunities for increased support and engagement across all giving levels. The DMM will work closely with the Senior Director, Marketing and Communications to plan, execute and evaluate strategic marketing development plans to meet organizational fundraising goals. Primary responsibilities include executing successful strategies to grow the overall donor base as well as increase retention, frequency and average gift of existing donors.
* Work closely with Senior Direct, Marketing and Communications, to refine strategy for the direct marketing program, including direct mail, telemarketing, face-to-face recruitment and monthly giving program, to improve overall fundraising performance.|
* Plan and implement multiple direct mail appeals annually, for retention and acquisition. Work with production company, database manager and other key program staff.
* Develop and manage strategy for expanding the Circle of Sight monthly giving program across online and offline channels.
* Develop and implement a comprehensive stewardship plan to build a positive, healthy relationship with donors through various channels, including acknowledgements, telephone contact, events, etc. Strengthen donor loyalty and commitment through various touch points and follow-up.
* Oversee mailing budget, collaborate with production vendor to ensure that all expenses fall within established budgets and projections. Process invoices for review & approval, submit to finance in a timely manner.
* Gather and evaluate data for regular benchmarking reports, to monitor results, improve performance and target areas for improvement.
* In collaboration with Database Manager, develop and generate weekly performance reports. Review weekly performance reports with Senior Director, including analysis of testing results, results against goals, etc.
* Understanding of and commitment to HelpMeSee’s mission
* At least five years’ non-profit direct response fundraising experience and experience managing supplier partners; agency experience is a plus
* 2+ years’ management / supervisory experience preferred
* Excellent project management and vendor management skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team
* Strong computer skills and ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results
* Strong analytical skills and able to review and interpret data, budgets, etc.
* Experience with customer relationship management software (CRM) is a plus
* Punctuality and timeliness in meeting deadlines and fulfilling delegated responsibilities
* Independent and effective decision-making skills
Start date: Immediately
Education requirements: Bachelor Arts Degree
Employment type: Full-Time
Compensation: Salary based on experience
Job function: Global Nonprofit Organization / Global Health / Fundraising / Marketing
Location: New York Office
IV. HOW TO APPLY
Please follow this link to the employment application: downloadable application form
Please email your application form, cover letter, and resume to email@example.com with the email subject heading as follows: HelpMeSee “Direct Marketing Manager”. Please include minimum salary expectations.
*Candidates should be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
HelpMeSee, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status or any other status protected by law. HelpMeSee, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.