Last Updated: May 25, 2018
HelpMeSee, Inc. (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the websites under the domain helpmesee.org (our “Websites”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
• On our Websites
• In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Websites
• Through mobile and desktop applications you download from our Websites, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Websites
It does not apply to information collected by:
• us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by HelpMeSee or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
• any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Websites.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or our Websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Websites or on or through any of its features, make any donations or purchases through our Websites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Websites or provide any information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at +1 (212) 221-7605.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites, including information:
• by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
• that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
• about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you.
• Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
• From third parties, for example, our partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use any features on our Websites.
• Records and copies of correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
• Responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and the processing of donations or purchases.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of our Websites, or transmitted to other users of our Websites or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of our Websites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Websites.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Websites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) toa collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Websites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
• Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit HelpMeSee, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Websites and their contents to you.
• To provide you with information, that you request from us.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To provide you with notices about your donations or purchases, including expiration and renewal notices.
• To notify you about changes to our Websites
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the email a friend” feature of our Websites, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information without your explicit consent:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by HelpMeSee to provide you with updates on our campaigns and appeals, you can opt-out by following the directions located in email campaigns or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result legal information or financial transactions.
• We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
You can also find more out, and opt out of, targeted advertising by visiting the following links:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from our Websites, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
Complaints or Violations of Law
Violations of United States laws can be reported to the Federal Trade Commission at 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW; Washington, DC 20580; 202-326-2222
20 West 36th Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10018, United States
Telephone: +1 (212) 221-7605